Well, there are few of them out there who don’t like street food. Yes, of course street foods are not that healthy but it is difficult to avoid them to be very frank. It is a fact that we love street food. The number of cheap, authentic streets foods from all over the world is uncountable. Street foods taste best. It is also pocket-friendly and gives us an opportunity to get to know the locals well.
A variety of street foods are available out there in each and every country, region and city. For all the foodie people out there or people who love to explore different dishes, then here is a list of different tastiest street foods from restaurant momo’s ma to the iconic falafel in Israel.
- The chimney cake in the Czech Republic is a famous sweet treat. It is a spiral shaped donut which is made by wrapping the batter around a large spit. Then it is cooked over a grill. After that it is rolled in sugar and this is served with nutella.
- Masala dosa in India is found almost in every street corner in India. This is indigenous and a staple food in the southern states of India. It is stuffed with a vegetable or spicy potato filling and is served with sambar and tasty coconut chutney. It is very easy to make and thus, people make it at home very often. Dosas again comes in a lot of variety like plain dosa, butter masala dosa, etc. it is perfect for savoring hunger.
- Momos or dumplings are famous street food of China. MomoIndia restauranthas varieties of momos. It has vegetable or meat filling inside, served with a clear soup and chutney. Steamed, pan fried, tandoori, chocolate momo are some of the famous varieties of momo.
- Poutine in Canada is a lavish treat originating mainly from Quebec. Poutine is made up of fries, cheese curds and gravy. This street may not be your first choice but surely you wouldn’t want to miss it.
- Jerk chicken in Jamaica is a smoky staple that is found in the streets of Jamaica. This is an iconic dish and is usually served with rice and peas. It is named as jerk chicken because of the jerking or poking of the meat which is done using a sharp object to get most of the flavor out. You can also get the smell of the spicy sweet marinade over the native pimento wood.
- Pad Thai of Thailand is a ubiquitous, quick and filling meal that is found across the whole of Thailand. It is one of the original street foods from around the world. The thing that is most fascinating about Pad Thai is that it is not traditionally Thai since it has noodles and stir fries which is Chinese. But whatsoever, you should not miss this one when you visit Thailand.
So, the list of street foods is uncountable but make sure not to miss these.